UPDATE 1-Patheon posts Q4 loss on weak north American operations
* Q4 loss/shr $0.01 vs EPS $0.06 last year
* Q4 rev up 1 pct to $177.7 mln
Dec 17 (Reuters) - Contract drugmaker Patheon Inc (PTI.TO) posted a quarterly loss, hurt by lower production at its Canadian and Puerto Rican operations and higher costs. Patheon posted a net loss from continuing operations of $1.8 million, or 1 cent per share in the fourth quarter, compared with net income of $4.6 million, or 6 cents per share, a year ago.
Patheon, which provides contract development and manufacturing services to the pharmaceuticals industry, said revenue rose about 1 percent to $177.7 million.
Revenue from North America decreased by $5 million, or 7.2 percent, over last year.
Selling, general and administrative costs were up 14 percent to $28.4 million, the company said.
Toronto-based Patheon's shares closed at C$2.26 on Thursday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Arnika Thakur in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |