"Larry King Live" draws 2.2 million for last show
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Larry King went out with a (ratings) bang.
More than 2.2 million tuned in to watch King's final CNN show on Thursday night.
That may not sound like a huge number, but it was up more than 100% compared to the previous night.
King even beat Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity, the perennial 9 p.m. cable news, for total tune-in.
Hannity was watched by 2.1 million. But Hannity did beat King among news' target demographic of 25-54 year olds (543,000 vs. 530,000).
(Editing by Zorianna Kit)
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |