Ukraine's Tymoshenko charged in criminal probe
KIEV Dec 20 (Reuters) - Ukrainian prosecutors on Monday filed charges against opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko over alleged misuse of state funds during her tenure as prime minister in 2007-10, Tymoshenko's spokeswoman said.
The state prosecutor's office said this month it was investigating Tymoshenko on suspicion of abuse of office in connection with allegations her government misused money raised by selling carbon emission rights. (Reporting by Pavel Polityuk; writing by Olzhas Auyezov; editing by Mark Heinrich)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media