UPDATE 1-Sears Canada recalls shopping bags over safety issue
* Says bags have high levels of lead
* Bags priced between C$0.79 and C$1.29
* Offers customers a refund
Dec 24 (Reuters) - Retailer Sears Canada Inc (SCC.TO) issued a safety recall for certain reusable shopping bags sold at its stores between July and December, due to the presence of higher levels of lead.
The company said in a statement it is asking customers to discontinue use of the bag and is offering a refund to those who return their bag to the nearest Sears store.
The bags, which come in three different sizes, are priced between 79 Canadian cents and C$1.29 each.
Sears Canada will post signs at all its retail stores to advise customers of this safety recall, it added.
Shares of the Toronto-based firm closed down 10 Canadian cents at C$19.02 on Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Gowri Jayakumar in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba shares surge 46 percent in their debut |