Some retailers may see January bounce -Barron's
NEW YORK Dec 26 (Reuters) - Certain smaller chain retailers are likely to see a "January Effect" bounce next month after sharp high-to-low declines in 2010, Barron's said in its latest issue.
Barron's described the effect as the tendency for small stocks that declined sharply in the prior year to outperform in the first month of the new year.
In its Dec 24 issue, Barron's specifically cited Coldwater Creek (CWTR.O), Hot Topic HOTT.O and Kirkland's (KIRK.O) as potential gainers. It also picked out trading firm LaBranche LAB.N and Web search company InfoSpace INSP.O. (Reporting by Ben Berkowitz; editing by Gunna Dickson)
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data