UPDATE 1-Pulse says Bel Fuse wants to restart merger talks
* Says Bel Fuse to nominate 3 candidates to Pulse's board
* Says governance committee to consider proposal
Dec 28 (Reuters) - Electronic components maker Pulse Electronics Corp (PULS.N) said rival Bel Fuse Inc (BELFA.O) has expressed interest in "restarting discussions about a potential business combination."
Trevose, Pennsylvania-based Pulse had sought to acquire Bel Fuse in 2007, the company said.
Pulse said it received a letter indicating Bel Fuse's intention to identify a "friendly transaction" and nominate three candidates for election to Pulse's board at the 2011 annual shareholders meeting.
The company indicated that its governance committee would consider whether the Bel Fuse notice of nomination complied with requirements of the company's governing documents and the Securities and Exchange Commission's regulations.
Pulse said it does not intend to comment further on these matters at this time.
Pulse's shares closed at $4.36 on Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Divya Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine