Pakistan's Punjab province governor shot dead
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Gunmen killed the governor of Pakistan's Punjab province, a senior member of the ruling party, in Islamabad on Tuesday, his spokesman said.
"Yes he has died," said the spokesman for Salman Taseer. His death comes as the Pakistan People's Party-led government is trying to muster support in a political crisis that erupted after a key coalition partner quit.
(Reporting by Zeeshan Haider; Writing by Michael Georgy)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident