UPDATE 1-Quidel sees Q4 revenue below Street view; shrs down
* Sees Q4 rev of $31.5 mln, down 52 pct
* Cites fall in sales of flu products
* Shares down 8 pct after mkt
Jan 5 (Reuters) - Quidel Corp (QDEL.O), a provider of rapid diagnostic tests, forecast lower-than-expected quarterly revenue, citing a significant fall in sales of its influenza products, sending its shares down 8 percent after market.
For the quarter ended Dec. 31 the company sees revenue of about $31.5 million, down 52 percent, it said in a regulatory filing.
Analysts on average had expected revenue of $37.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of Quidel, which have gained about 27 percent since the company reported quarterly results in October, were down at $13.35 in extended trade. (Reporting by Rajarshi Basu in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped