Boehner elected House Speaker, replaces Pelosi
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican John Boehner was elected on Wednesday as speaker of the House of Representatives, replacing Democrat Nancy Pelosi.
Boehner was chosen in a vote by the full 435-member House, shortly after the Republican-led chamber convened, ending four years of Democratic rule.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales