US casts doubt on images of Chinese stealth fighter
WASHINGTON Jan 5 (Reuters) - China is still years away from being able to field a stealth aircraft, despite the disclosure of images indicating that it appears to have a working prototype, a U.S. Navy official said on Wednesday.
Asked when China would be able to field the jet, Vice Admiral David Dorsett, deputy chief of Naval Operations for Information Dominance and Director of Naval Intelligence, said it would be years.
He did not immediately comment on the authenticity of the images published in The Wall Street Journal.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee