China estimates 2010 gold output at record 340 tonnes
BEIJING Jan 7 (Reuters) - China's gold output is expected to have exceeded 340 tonnes in 2010, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology said on Friday.
If confirmed, the annual figure would be a new record and an increase of more than 8 percent over the previous year. China has raised gold production every year since 2004, producing a total of 313.980 tonnes in 2009.
The ministry said gold output in the first 11 months of the year was 308.390 tonnes, up 9.2 percent from the same months of 2009. (Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port