Ford to add 7,000 U.S. workers in next two years
(Reuters) - Ford Motor said on Monday it planned to add 7,000 U.S. workers in next two years and expand commitment to American manufacturing.
* Says next year, Ford expects to add at least 2,500 more new manufacturing positions
* Says this year alone, Ford is adding nearly 4,000 hourly jobs at several of its U.S. plants
* Says will also add 750 salaried engineering jobs in product development and manufacturing
* Says Will begin recruiting engineers specializing in electrification
* Says recruitment launches at the 2011 North American international auto show
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image