Groupon raises $950 million in financing
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Web advertising firm Groupon Inc, announced on Monday that it has completed a $950 million round of financing.
The financing consists of several venture capital firms and late-stage investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Mail.ru Group, Maverick Capital, Silver Lake and Technology Crossover Ventures.
In December, Groupon, which specializes in local advertising, raised $500 million by selling an equity stake, a month after reports it turned down a $6 billion takeover offer from Google Inc.
Groupon said in a regulatory filing at the time that the bulk of the funds would be used to buy back shares from investors.
Proceeds from the offering by Chicago-based Groupon will be used for further expansion outside of the United States, along with technology and to provide liquidity for employees and early investors.
Allen & Company LLC acted as financial advisor.
(Reporting by Nadia Damouni; editing by Andre Grenon.)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions