Suicide bomber kills 17 police and soldiers in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a mosque in northwest Pakistan on Wednesday, killing 17 paramilitary soldiers and policemen, police said.
The mosque, which was heavily damaged, is beside a police station on the outskirts of Bannu, a town bordering North Waziristan, a hub of al Qaeda and Taliban militants. Officials said people were trapped in the rubble.
(Reporting By Kamran Haider; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- Juicy Apple buoys shares, euro volatility sinks