Suicide bomber kills 17 police and soldiers in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a mosque in northwest Pakistan on Wednesday, killing 17 paramilitary soldiers and policemen, police said.
The mosque, which was heavily damaged, is beside a police station on the outskirts of Bannu, a town bordering North Waziristan, a hub of al Qaeda and Taliban militants. Officials said people were trapped in the rubble.
(Reporting By Kamran Haider; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales