Suicide bomber kills 17 police and soldiers in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a mosque in northwest Pakistan on Wednesday, killing 17 paramilitary soldiers and policemen, police said.
The mosque, which was heavily damaged, is beside a police station on the outskirts of Bannu, a town bordering North Waziristan, a hub of al Qaeda and Taliban militants. Officials said people were trapped in the rubble.
(Reporting By Kamran Haider; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year