Suicide bomber kills 17 police and soldiers in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a mosque in northwest Pakistan on Wednesday, killing 17 paramilitary soldiers and policemen, police said.
The mosque, which was heavily damaged, is beside a police station on the outskirts of Bannu, a town bordering North Waziristan, a hub of al Qaeda and Taliban militants. Officials said people were trapped in the rubble.
(Reporting By Kamran Haider; Editing by Robert Birsel)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5