Berlusconi prostitution probe is "absurd"-lawyers
ROME Jan 14 (Reuters) - A prostitution investigation over Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's dealings with a teenaged nightclub dancer is "absurd and groundless", his lawyers said on Friday.
The lawyers said in a statement that the allegations raised by the probe had already been denied by the main players and witnesses in the case. They called the probe a "very serious interference in the private life" of the prime minister.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote