Italian prosecutors confirm Berlusconi probe
MILAN Jan 14 (Reuters) - Italian prosecutors confirmed on Friday that they were investigating Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi over his dealings with a teenaged nightclub dancer.
In a statement, prosecutors said they had issued summons to Berlusconi and his lawyers in the case.
An investigation source told Reuters earlier on Friday that the probe included underage prostitution allegations.
The magistrates are also examining whether Berlusconi, who denies any wrongdoing, exerted improper pressure omn police officers to have the girl released when she was detained over theft allegations, the source said. (Reporting by Emilio Parodi)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan