Nigeria's Jonathan wins ruling party primaries
ABUJA Jan 14 (Reuters) - Nigeria's ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) declared President Goodluck Jonathan the winner of its presidential primaries on Friday, making him the firm favourite to win an April 9 general election.
"I declare Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to be the winner of this presidential primary," chief returning officer Tunde Adeniran told a party convention in the capital Abuja, shortly after the final votes were counted. (For more Reuters Africa coverage and to have your say on the top issues, visit: af.reuters.com/ ) (Writing by Nick Tattersall)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details