News Corp, Apple delay iPad digital newspaper: report
(Reuters) - News Corp and Apple Inc are delaying the launch of the media conglomerate's digital newspaper for the iPad, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
The tablet newspaper, which will be called The Daily, was supposed to be unveiled next Wednesday, but the two parties decided they need more time to test a subscription service, the WSJ said.
News Corp confirmed the delay but declined to comment, the paper said.
News Corp and Apple were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore; Editing by Hans Peters)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of UK hostage David Haines |
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- UK's Cameron resists calls for air strikes despite hostage killing |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |