News Corp, Apple delay iPad digital newspaper: report
(Reuters) - News Corp and Apple Inc are delaying the launch of the media conglomerate's digital newspaper for the iPad, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
The tablet newspaper, which will be called The Daily, was supposed to be unveiled next Wednesday, but the two parties decided they need more time to test a subscription service, the WSJ said.
News Corp confirmed the delay but declined to comment, the paper said.
News Corp and Apple were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore; Editing by Hans Peters)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies