News Corp, Apple delay iPad digital newspaper: report
(Reuters) - News Corp and Apple Inc are delaying the launch of the media conglomerate's digital newspaper for the iPad, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
The tablet newspaper, which will be called The Daily, was supposed to be unveiled next Wednesday, but the two parties decided they need more time to test a subscription service, the WSJ said.
News Corp confirmed the delay but declined to comment, the paper said.
News Corp and Apple were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore; Editing by Hans Peters)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule
Protesters block several main streets in Kiev, responding to calls from opposition leaders to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow