- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll falls |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Iraqi police targeted by suicide bomber, 12 killed
BAQUBA, Iraq |
BAQUBA, Iraq Jan 19 (Reuters) - A suicide bomber driving an ambulance killed 12 people and wounded more than 50 in an attack on Wednesday on an Iraqi police training centre in volatile Diyala province, a spokeswoman for the provincial governor said.
"There are more bodies buried in the ruins," the governor's spokeswoman, Samira al-Shibli, told Reuters.
It was the second attack by a suicide bomber in two days on Iraqi security forces. At least 49 people were killed in Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit on Tuesday when a suicide bomber attacked a line of police recruits. (Reporting by Baghdad Newsroom; Writing by Michael Christie; Editing by Maria Golovnina)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this