"Hannah Montana" finale sets ratings record
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Hannah Montana" went out with a bang: The Disney Channel's series finale -- starring teen queen Miley Cyrus -- attracted 6.2 million total viewers Sunday, a nine percent boost over its seasonlong average.
The finale was cable's No. 1 telecast in the 7 p.m. hour among kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14, and posted Disney Channel's highest ratings ever in the hour in total viewers and kids 6-11. The fourth season and final season set records in total viewers, kids 6-11 and tweens 9-14.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home