UPDATE 2-Sears Canada says faulty skis to be recalled
* Front ski on Skidoo may crack or break when used
* Tech 4 Kids to provide free replacement ski
* Product was sold between Aug. 1, 2010, and Jan. 17
* Tech 4 Kids said 22,000 snow bikes being recalled (Adds details)
Jan 24 (Reuters) - Sears Canada Inc (SCC.TO) said Tech 4 Kids is recalling its popular Snow MX-Skidoo snowmobiles due to potential safety hazards, and the retailer urged customers to immediately stop children from using the product. The front ski on the Snow MX-Skidoo may crack or break when used, posing a risk of injury to children, Sears said in a statement, citing Tech 4 Kids.
Sears Canada, 90.4 percent owned by Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD.O), said Tech 4 Kids Inc will replace the skis for free.
Customers can also return the Skidoo to their nearest retail store for a full refund, the company said.
The product was sold through Sears Canada catalogue as well as online between Aug. 1, 2010, and Jan. 17.
Privately held Tech 4 Kids had said on Friday that it was voluntarily recalling about 22,000 snow bike units in Canada.
Shares of Sears Canada, which owns a network of 197 corporate stores, 219 dealer stores and 31 home improvement showrooms, closed at C$19.48 on Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Bhaswati Mukhopadhyay in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |