Death toll in Egypt protests rises to six-source
CAIRO Jan 26 (Reuters) - A protester and a police officer were killed in protests on Wednesday in central Cairo, raising the death toll in two days of demonstrations against Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak to six, a security source said.
The source did not give details about the deaths. The others killed were three protesters in the city of Suez, east of Cairo, and one police officer in the capital. (Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |