Death toll in Egypt protests rises to six: source
CAIRO (Reuters) - A protester and a police officer were killed in protests on Wednesday in central Cairo, raising the death toll in two days of demonstrations against Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak to six, a security source said.
The source did not give details about the deaths. The others killed were three protesters in the city of Suez, east of Cairo, and one police officer in the capital.
(Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
During Soviet times, Sochi gained a reputation for tolerance but the city's once vibrant gay scene has been shrinking as Russia prepares to host the 2014 Winter Games. Slideshow