White House says not taking sides in Egypt unrest
WASHINGTON Jan 27 (Reuters) - White House spokesman Robert Gibbs on Thursday called Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak a close and important U.S. partner but stressed that the United States was not taking sides on the unrest in Egypt.
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.