White House says not taking sides in Egypt unrest
WASHINGTON Jan 27 (Reuters) - White House spokesman Robert Gibbs on Thursday called Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak a close and important U.S. partner but stressed that the United States was not taking sides on the unrest in Egypt.
(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Editing by Doina Chiacu)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets