Police clash with protesters in Cairo - witness
CAIRO Jan 28 (Reuters) - Police clashed with protesters and sprayed them with water as they demanded an end to President Hosni Mubarak's 30-year rule in demonstrations billed by activists as a "Friday of Wrath", a Reuters witness reported.
"Down, down, Hosni Mubarak," the chanted, stamping on posters of the president. They threw stones and dirt when the police who had surrounded them during Friday prayers sprayed water on the crowd. Mohamed ElBaradei had joined the prayers. (Reporting by Shaimaa Fayed, Writing by Edmund Blair)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |