- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
410 wounded in Cairo protests on Friday: sources
CAIRO (Reuters) - Some 410 protesters were wounded in demonstrations to oust Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak across greater Cairo on Friday, some in a serious condition with bullet wounds, medical sources said.
Police officers were also wounded, but numbers were not immediately clear, the sources added. There was no official confirmation of the figures.
(editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this