S.Korea Daewoo E&C wins $204 mln order from Libya
SEOUL Jan 30 (Reuters) - South Korea's Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co Ltd has received a $204 million order to build a general hospital in Libya as it is beefing up operations in the North African market.
The nine-storey hospital under the Swani Hospital Project will be located in Tripoli with 200 beds and additional facilities, and it will be completed in October 2013, Daewoo said in a statement.
The South Korean builder signed the contract with a subsidiary of Libya's state-run Economic and Social Development Fund, it added. (Reporting by Kim Yeonhee; Editing by Yoko Nishikawa)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source