UPDATE 1-Arthur J Gallagher Q4 beats Street view
* Q4 EPS cont ops $0.43 vs est $0.26
* Q4 commission revenue up 7 pct
Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. insurance broker Arthur J. Gallagher & Co (AJG.N) reported a quarterly profit well above analysts' expectations, helped by higher commission revenue.
Net income for the fourth quarter was $54.7 million, or 51 cents per share, compared with $16.8 million, or 16 cents per share, a year ago. Earnings from continuing operations were 43 cents per share.
Revenue for the quarter rose 6 percent to $459.1 million.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to earn 26 cents per share on revenue of $457.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The insurance brokerage industry helps commercial clients find insurance coverage for a wide range of risks.
Shares of the Itasca, Illinois-based company closed at $29.95 on Monday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Sweta Singh in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |