UPDATE 1-ArvinMeritor posts loss, changing name
* Company will change name to Meritor in late March
* Company will take new ticker symbol
* Revenue outlook Q2 of FY 2011 $1.13 mln to $1.18 mln
DETROIT, Feb 1 (Reuters) - Commercial truck parts maker ArvinMeritor Inc ARM.N posted on Tuesday a quarterly loss due to ongoing tax issues, missing analysts' estimates of breaking even.
The Troy, Michigan-based company also announced that it would change its name to Meritor Inc by late March and take on a new ticker symbol, which was not disclosed in its quarterly earnings report.
For the first quarter ended Dec. 31, ArvinMeritor reported a loss of $6 million from continuing operations, or 7 cents per share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $48 million or 6 cents per share.
The company forecast that revenue in the second quarter would range from $1.125 million to $1.175 million. (Reporting by Bernie Woodall, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |