UPDATE 1-ArvinMeritor posts loss, changing name
* Company will change name to Meritor in late March
* Company will take new ticker symbol
* Revenue outlook Q2 of FY 2011 $1.13 mln to $1.18 mln
DETROIT, Feb 1 (Reuters) - Commercial truck parts maker ArvinMeritor Inc ARM.N posted on Tuesday a quarterly loss due to ongoing tax issues, missing analysts' estimates of breaking even.
The Troy, Michigan-based company also announced that it would change its name to Meritor Inc by late March and take on a new ticker symbol, which was not disclosed in its quarterly earnings report.
For the first quarter ended Dec. 31, ArvinMeritor reported a loss of $6 million from continuing operations, or 7 cents per share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $48 million or 6 cents per share.
The company forecast that revenue in the second quarter would range from $1.125 million to $1.175 million. (Reporting by Bernie Woodall, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel