UPDATE 1-Crown Holdings fourth-quarter net drops
HOUSTON Feb 1 (Reuters) - Crown Holdings (CCK.N), which makes cans for food and beverages, said fourth-quarter net income fell 44 percent as the company increased its asbestos litigation reserves and year-ago results included a tax benefit.
Net income in the fourth quarter fell to $45 million, or 28 cents per share, from $81 million, or 50 cents a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 42 cents a share.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 38 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net sales in the fourth quarter rose to $1.95 billion from $1.92 billion a year ago, the Philadelphia company said on Tuesday. (Reporting by Anna Driver in Houston; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media