Head of Gap brand out, outlet executive in line: source
NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO
NEW YORK/SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Gap Inc will name its top outlet executive Art Peck as the new head of Gap North America as it looks to speed up a flagging turnaround at the apparel brand, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
Earlier on Tuesday, Gap announced that longtime Gap brand head Marka Hansen was stepping down and her successor would be named within a day.
Multiple sources inside and outside of the company, who asked not be named, cited Art Peck as the likely candidate to replace Hansen.
A source familiar with the matter confirmed to Reuters that Peck would be named.
(Reporting by Alexandria Sage; Editing by Bernard Orr)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel