UPDATE 1-Icahn ups stake in Hain Celestial
Feb 3 (Reuters) - Carl Icahn further raised his stake in Hain Celestial Group Inc (HAIN.O), according to a regulatory filing.
The billionaire investor owned 16.30 percent of the company as of Feb. 2, the filing that came on Thursday said. On Dec. 1, his stake was 15.30 percent.
The December stake was itself an increase of about 1 percent. He held a 14.31 percent as of Sept 13.
In July, Hain, which makes and sells natural and organic food products, had agreed to appoint two directors affiliated to Carl Icahn, in exchange for the activist investor supporting the company's director slate at its annual meeting. [ID:nSGE6660JB]
Hain Celestial shares closed at $27.24 on Wednesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Malaysian airplane investigators look at suicide as possible motive |
- Planning could hold key to disappearance of Flight MH370 |
- U.S., EU set sanctions as Putin recognizes Crimea "sovereignty" |
- Magnitude 4.4 earthquake rocks Los Angeles area
- Russian government admits economy in crisis as Ukraine weighs