UPDATE 1-Rofin-Sinar Q1 tops Wall Street
* Q1 EPS $0.51 vs est $0.45
* Revenue $137.1 mln vs est $130.9 mln
Feb 3 (Reuters) - Laser-based tools maker Rofin-Sinar Technologies Inc (RSTI.O) posted market topping quarterly results, mainly helped by stronger demand from the consumer electronics industry.
The company offers a range of laser products and related services such as cutting, welding, micro drilling and micro structuring.
Rofin-Sinar said sales of lasers for marking and micro applications rose 72 percent to $72.2 million, while sales of laser products for macro applications increased 24 percent to $51.4 million.
October-December net income attributable to Rofin-Sinar rose to $14.9 million, or 51 cents a share, from $3.6 million, or 12 cents a share, a year ago.
Sales at the company, whose laser marking brands include Multiscan, Powerline and StarMark series, jumped 48 percent to $137.1 million.
Analyst on average expected earnings of 45 cents a share, on revenue of $130.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the Plymouth, Michigan-based company closed at $40.49 on Wednesday on Nasdaq. They have risen 37 percent since reporting its fourth-quarter results in November. (Reporting by Megha Mandavia in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes