ConocoPhillips denies fire at Wood River refinery
NEW YORK Feb 4 (Reuters) - ConocoPhillips (COP.N) on Friday denied there was a fire at its 306,000 barrels-per-day joint-venture refinery in Wood River, Illinois.
A filing with the Illinois Emergency Management Agency earlier on Friday said there was a fire and a wet gas compressor tripped offline at the refinery owned by WRB Refining, a 50-50 joint-venture between Conoco and Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE.TO), a spin-off from EnCana Corp (ECA.N). [ID:nWNAB9430] (Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan; Editing by Marguerita Choy)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet