UPDATE 1- Higher sales push Sensient Tech Q4 above Street view
* Q4 EPS $0.52 vs est $0.51
* Q4 rev $339.3 mln vs est $329.2 mln
* Sees 2011 EPS $2.26-$2.32 vs est $2.32
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Specialty chemicals company Sensient Technologies Corp's (SXT.N) said its quarterly results beat analysts' estimates for the fourth straight time this year on higher sales across all its businesses, and forecast a conservative 2011 earnings.
Sensient, which supplies flavors, fragrances and colors, sees 2011 earnings of $2.26-$2.32 per share.
Analysts, on average, expect the company's earnings at $2.32 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
For the October-December quarter, the Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based company posted a net income of $25.8 million, or 52 cents per share, up from $16.3 million, or 33 cents per share, last year.
Revenue at the company, valued at $1.69 billion, rose 9 percent to $339.3 million.
Analysts on average were looking for a profit of 51 cents per share on revenue of $329.2 million.
At its flavors and fragrances business, which contributes about 64 percent of the company's total revenue, sales rose 5 percent to $206.1 million while revenue at its colors business rose 13 percent.
Sensient shares closed at $34.36 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Vaishnavi Bala in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |