John Madejski's Sackville in debt restructure talks - report
LONDON (Reuters) - Tycoon John Madejski is in talks to restructure a loan that backed the expansion of his property empire, the Financial Times said on Friday.
Madejski's Sackville Properties has breached the covenants of a 51.8 million pound loan from Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS.L) that funded his property acquisitions, the newspaper said, citing accounts filed this week.
Madejski, the owner of Reading Football Club, has a range of commercial holdings from property to publishing.
Sackville Properties and RBS were not immediately reachable for comment.
(Reporting by Karolina Tagaris; editing by Lincoln Feast)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command