Woman charged with frying pan attack over dropped bagel
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New Jersey woman accused of whacking a 9-year-old boy over the head with a frying pan because he dropped a bagel and her dog ate it had her bail sharply reduced on Friday.
Donna Ambrosio-Ruglio, 45, of Randolph, New Jersey, was charged with endangering the welfare of a child after the boy, who had been left in her care, told a relative she struck him with a frying pan.
She was held in Morris County jail on $75,000 bail after being arrested on Wednesday night.
A Morris County Superior Court judge reduced her bail to $15,000 on Friday on the condition she have no further contact with the alleged victim.
The boy said he dropped a bagel with cream cheese on the floor and the dog gobbled it up, according to the county prosecutor's affidavit.
Ambrosio-Ruglio screamed that the cream cheese would kill the dog, then allegedly struck the child on the head with pan, according to the affidavit. She also struck him on the back, causing abrasions and bruises.
The boy told authorities there had been other such incidents in the past.
(Reporting by Chris Michaud; Editing by Barbara Goldberg and Jerry Norton)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales