Tunisia suspends activities of ex-ruling party
TUNIS Feb 6 (Reuters) - Tunisia's interior minister has decided that all activities of former ruling party the RCD will be suspended to prevent a breakdown in security, state television and an interior ministry source said on Sunday.
"The minister of the interior has decided to suspend all activities and all meetings of the RCD and to close down all its offices pending a judicial decision on its dissolution," said the source, who did not want to be identified.
"(This is being done) because there is an extreme need and in order to prevent a breakdown of general security and to protect the higher interests of the country." (Reporting by Tarek Amara; Writing by Christian Lowe)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official