Soccer-Keys and Gray return to broadcasting on radio show
LONDON Feb 8 (Reuters) - Former Sky Sports TV presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray, who left their jobs after a sexism row, will return to broadcasting next week, hosting a daily radio show on English commercial station talkSPORT.
Former Scotland international Gray was sacked while Keys resigned last month after off-air comments regarding lineswoman Sian Massey at a Premier League match between Wolverhampton Wanderers and Liverpool and other comments were leaked to the media.
Discussing Massey Keys said: "Somebody better get down there and explain the offside rule to her." Gray responded: "I know, can you believe that? A female linesman..."
Keys had been a presenter on Sky since 1992 and former Aston Villa and Everton striker Gray served as chief analyst alongside Keys on the broadcaster's flagship soccer shows.
The pair's first show will be on Feb. 14 at 1000GMT.
(Writing by James Illingworth, Editing by )
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets