UPDATE 1-Exco Resources sells shale assets to JV partner
* BG Group pays $230 mln for 50 pct in Mercellus property
* Proceeds used to repay debt
Feb 9 (Reuters) - Oil and gas company Exco Resources Inc (XCO.N) said it received $230 million from its joint venture partner BG Group (BG.L) for 50 percent of Marcellus shale assets it recently acquired.
Exco bought the properties for $459.4 million in December from Chief Oil & Gas. British gas producer BG Group had the right to buy 50 percent of the assets. [ID:nSGE6BK0BG]
Dallas-based Exco used the proceeds from the sale to repay part of a loan, it said in a statement.
Shares of Exco, whose chief executive launched a $4.36 billion bid for his company in November, closed flat at $20.13 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Krishna N. Das in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |