HK forex reserves at $273.2 bln at end-January - HKMA
HONG KONG Feb 9 (Reuters) - Hong Kong's official foreign currency reserve assets stood at $273.2 billion at the end of January, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority said on Wednesday, up 1.67 percent from $268.7 billion at the end of December.
Hong Kong's currency is pegged to the U.S. dollar and the territory ranks as the world's ninth-largest holder of foreign currency reserves after mainland China, Japan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, India, Brazil and Korea. (Reporting by Raymond Leung; Editing by Susan Fenton)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port