NYSE to make statement on D.Boerse - source
NEW YORK Feb 9 (Reuters) - NYSE Euronext NYX.N will issue a statement to clarify the exchange operator's position in relation to Deutsche Boerse (DB1Gn.DE), according to a person with direct knowledge of the situation.
The statement is unrelated to the merger deal announced earlier Wednesday by London Stock Exchange (LSE.L) and Toronto Stock Exchange parent TMX Group (X.TO), said the source, who was not authorized to speak to the press.
Shares of the Big Board parent and the German exchange operator were halted earlier Wednesday. (Reporting by Jonathan Spicer, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls