UPDATE 1-Arbitrators find for Chevron in Ecuador dispute
SAN FRANCISCO Feb 11 (Reuters) - International arbitrators ordered Ecuador to suspend enforcement of any judgment against Chevron Corp (CVX.N) in an 18-year-old environmental case against the oil company, according to an order posted on Chevron's website.
The arbitration tribunal, brought under a bilateral U.S.-Ecuador investment treaty in The Hague, ordered Ecuador to "take all measures at its disposal to suspend or cause to be suspended the enforcement or recognition within and without Ecuador of any judgment" against Chevron in the case. (Reporting by Braden Reddall; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home