UPDATE 1-Arbitrators find for Chevron in Ecuador dispute
SAN FRANCISCO Feb 11 (Reuters) - International arbitrators ordered Ecuador to suspend enforcement of any judgment against Chevron Corp (CVX.N) in an 18-year-old environmental case against the oil company, according to an order posted on Chevron's website.
The arbitration tribunal, brought under a bilateral U.S.-Ecuador investment treaty in The Hague, ordered Ecuador to "take all measures at its disposal to suspend or cause to be suspended the enforcement or recognition within and without Ecuador of any judgment" against Chevron in the case. (Reporting by Braden Reddall; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea