Egypt army to suspend parliament, sack cabinet-TV
CAIRO Feb 11 (Reuters) - Egypt's higher military council will sack the cabinet, suspend both houses of parliament and rule with the head of the supreme constitutional court, Al Arabiya television reported on Friday.
The army statement was expected to be delivered later on Friday and followed President Hosni Mubarak's dramatic resignation after 30 years in power. (Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- European investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB
- After unrest over shooting, Ferguson police now wear body cameras