Egypt army to suspend parliament, sack cabinet-TV
CAIRO Feb 11 (Reuters) - Egypt's higher military council will sack the cabinet, suspend both houses of parliament and rule with the head of the supreme constitutional court, Al Arabiya television reported on Friday.
The army statement was expected to be delivered later on Friday and followed President Hosni Mubarak's dramatic resignation after 30 years in power. (Writing by Edmund Blair)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies