Egypt army to suspend parliament, sack cabinet-TV
CAIRO Feb 11 (Reuters) - Egypt's higher military council will sack the cabinet, suspend both houses of parliament and rule with the head of the supreme constitutional court, Al Arabiya television reported on Friday.
The army statement was expected to be delivered later on Friday and followed President Hosni Mubarak's dramatic resignation after 30 years in power. (Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls