"Dukes of Hazzard" actress Peggy Rea dies, age 89
LOS ANGELES (Reuters Life!) - Actress Peggy Rea, who starred in numerous TV shows over a long career including "The Dukes of Hazzard" and "The Waltons," has died of heart failure, age 89.
Rea died on February 5 at her home in the Los Angeles-area community of Toluca Lake, according to show business newspaper The Hollywood Reporter. A Los Angeles County coroner official was not immediately available for confirmation.
The veteran actress' career dates back to the 1950s when she appeared on the "I Love Lucy" TV series starring Lucille Ball. She worked steadily through the 1960s on shows such as "Dr. Kildare", "Mission Impossible" and "The Red Skelton Hour."
In the late 1970s, Rea portrayed Rose Burton on hit family drama "The Waltons" and into the 1980s, could be seen as Lulu Hogg on action-packed TV show, "The Dukes of Hazzard."
More recently, she appeared on TV series such as "Step by Step" and "Grace Under Fire."
(Editing by Greg McCune)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief