"Dukes of Hazzard" actress Peggy Rea dies, age 89
LOS ANGELES (Reuters Life!) - Actress Peggy Rea, who starred in numerous TV shows over a long career including "The Dukes of Hazzard" and "The Waltons," has died of heart failure, age 89.
Rea died on February 5 at her home in the Los Angeles-area community of Toluca Lake, according to show business newspaper The Hollywood Reporter. A Los Angeles County coroner official was not immediately available for confirmation.
The veteran actress' career dates back to the 1950s when she appeared on the "I Love Lucy" TV series starring Lucille Ball. She worked steadily through the 1960s on shows such as "Dr. Kildare", "Mission Impossible" and "The Red Skelton Hour."
In the late 1970s, Rea portrayed Rose Burton on hit family drama "The Waltons" and into the 1980s, could be seen as Lulu Hogg on action-packed TV show, "The Dukes of Hazzard."
More recently, she appeared on TV series such as "Step by Step" and "Grace Under Fire."
(Editing by Greg McCune)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video