CME may make hostile bid for NYSE-reports
CHICAGO Feb 14 (Reuters) - CME Group Inc (CME.O) may make a hostile bid for NYSE Euronext NYX.N, creating a potential bidding war for the the New York-based exchange operator after Germany's Deutsche Boerse AG (DB1Gn.DE) said it was in advanced talks to buy it.
CME may team with Nasdaq OMX Group (NDAQ.O) to buy NYSE Euronext, according to a report on the website flyonthewall.com. Fox Business News is also reporting that CME may make a bid.
A CME spokeswoman did not respond immediately to a Reuters request for comment. (Reporting by Ann Saphir, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry