Ecuador court orders Chevron to pay $8 bln -lawyer
QUITO Feb 14 (Reuters) - An Ecuadorean lawyer for the plaintiffs said on Monday that a court in the Amazon city of Lago Agrio had ordered U.S. oil giant Chevron (CVX.N) to pay more than $8 billion in environmental damages.
Plaintiffs had originally asked for $27 billion. (Reporting by Quito Newsroom)
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister