Ecuador court orders Chevron to pay $8 bln -lawyer
QUITO Feb 14 (Reuters) - An Ecuadorean lawyer for the plaintiffs said on Monday that a court in the Amazon city of Lago Agrio had ordered U.S. oil giant Chevron (CVX.N) to pay more than $8 billion in environmental damages.
Plaintiffs had originally asked for $27 billion. (Reporting by Quito Newsroom)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy