Egypt to draft constitution amendments in 10 days
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's ruling Higher Military Council hopes to finalize drafting constitutional amendments within ten days, members have told youth activists.
Wael Ghonim said on his Facebook page that he and seven other activists involved in protests that brought down Hosni Mubarak met two members of the council on Sunday evening.
Ghonim confirmed to Reuters the accuracy of his report that a special committee would draft the amendments within 10 days.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Millions of Target shoppers face new debit card limits |
A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state Slideshow