Germany, Italy not to pursue MEADS - German def min
BERLIN Feb 16 (Reuters) - Germany and Italy will not pursue a multi-billion-dollar missile development programme known as MEADS in the foreseeable future, Germany's defence ministry said in a letter seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
On Monday, the United States said it would stop funding the MEADS project.
(Reporting by Sabine Seibold)
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |