Europe has to solve crisis - Portugal treasury boss
LISBON Feb 16 (Reuters) - A solution to the euro debt crisis has to be reached at the European level and does not just depend on Portugal, Treasury Secretary Carlos Pina said on Wednesday, adding that Europe has been dragging its feet. "Portugal is continuing to do its work," Pina told Reuters in an emailed response to questions. "Europe has fallen short."
Pina also said low take-up at an auction to buy back bonds on Wednesday was an encouraging signal of market confidence.
(Reporting by Sergio Goncalves; writing by Axel Bugge)
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- U.S., EU impose sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data