Europe has to solve crisis - Portugal treasury boss
LISBON Feb 16 (Reuters) - A solution to the euro debt crisis has to be reached at the European level and does not just depend on Portugal, Treasury Secretary Carlos Pina said on Wednesday, adding that Europe has been dragging its feet. "Portugal is continuing to do its work," Pina told Reuters in an emailed response to questions. "Europe has fallen short."
Pina also said low take-up at an auction to buy back bonds on Wednesday was an encouraging signal of market confidence.
(Reporting by Sergio Goncalves; writing by Axel Bugge)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade